Submission Deadline: December 31, 2016
Nominees must be located in Kansas City, Missouri, and may include people, projects, businesses, programs/initiatives and events, and must align with the mission of the Economic Development Corporation: “To drive economic development and create an environment in which businesses and residents prosper in Kansas City, Missouri.”
All projects, events, and initiatives nominated must have been substantially completed in 2016.
Award Finalists will be selected and announced in January 2017. Ten award winners representative of the geographic diversity of our city will then be selected from among the finalists based on those that demonstrate the highest and best impact in improving economic development and growth in Kansas City, Mo. The ten winners will be announced in April 2017.
Nominees must meet two or more of the following criteria:
- Added jobs to Kansas City, Missouri, economy
- Boosts integration of the Kansas City, Missouri, economy into the global economy
- Created significant capital investment in Kansas City, Missouri
- Displays pioneering/trailblazing activity
- Encourages public/private partnerships and other creative financing structures
- Enhances entrepreneurial business and job growth
- Exhibits sustainable and green development and smart growth
- Improves neighborhoods and/or business districts, especially in distressed areas of Kansas City, Missouri
- Increases tourism, arts or entertainment development
- Nurtures human capital through improved workforce skills, training, and educational opportunities
- Provides rehabilitation and adaptive reuse of existing buildings, especially historic properties
* All projects and events nominated in 2017 must be substantially completed in 2016.
Award winners will be formally recognized at the EDC Cornerstone Awards Reception to be held on May 9, 2017, 4:00-6:30 p.m. at Union Station Kansas City.
TO BE CONSIDERED, ALL SUBMISSIONS MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AT LEAST ONE .JPG PHOTO REPRESENTING THE NOMINATION. If you have any issues uploading your image or have additional questions, please call or email Jill Quinn at (816) 691-2120 JQuinn@edckc.com.