Do you know a project, business, program/initiative or event that drives economic development and creates an environment in which businesses can prosper in Kansas City, Missouri? At the Economic Development Corporation of Kansas City (EDCKC), we work cooperatively to project a local identity and ensure a competitive, vibrant and self-sustaining economy. For more than 30 years, we have presented the annual Cornerstone Awards to recognize companies and projects that have helped strengthen Kansas City, Missouri’s economy.
The Economic Development Corporation of Kansas City (EDCKC) currently invites nominations for the 2018 Cornerstone Awards.
Nominees must be located in Kansas City, Missouri, and may include people, projects, businesses, programs/initiatives and events, and must align with the mission of the Economic Development Corporation: “To drive economic development and create an environment in which businesses and residents prosper in Kansas City, Missouri.”
All projects, events, and initiatives nominated must have been substantially completed in 2017 and must meet two or more of the following criteria:
- Added jobs to Kansas City, Missouri, economy
- Boosts integration of the Kansas City, Missouri, economy into the global economy
- Created significant capital investment in Kansas City, Missouri
- Displays pioneering/trailblazing activity
- Encourages public/private partnerships and other creative financing structures
- Enhances entrepreneurial business and job growth
- Exhibits sustainable and green development and smart growth
- Improves neighborhoods and/or business districts, especially in distressed areas of Kansas City, Missouri
- Increases tourism, arts or entertainment development
- Nurtures human capital through improved workforce skills, training, and educational opportunities
- Provides rehabilitation and adaptive reuse of existing buildings, especially historic properties
If you have someone in mind who has significantly impacted Kansas City’s economy, including yourself (self-nominations welcome), please complete the electronic nomination form available at: http://www.edckc.com/about-edckc/cornerstone-awards/nomination-form by January 31, 2018.
Award finalists will be selected and announced in February 2018. Ten award winners representative of the geographic diversity of our city will then be selected from among the finalists based on those that demonstrate the highest and best impact in improving economic development and growth in Kansas City. The ten winners will be announced in April 2018 and will be formally recognized at the EDC Cornerstone Awards Reception to be held in May 2018.