Innovative Education and Training Programs
The Kansas City region has future-focused innovative programs and initiatives that support training and education for target industries like technology, engineering, manufacturing and life sciences.
- Regional Workforce Intelligence Network is a collaboration of economic development professionals, one-stop centers, workforce centers, community colleges and universities that meets on a regular basis to share information on current workforce development activities.
- Full Employment Council and Workforce Partnership – Multiple initiatives in workforce investment.
- KC STEM Alliance – Partners with educators and industry to support in- and after-school STEM programs.
- LaunchCode – Pairs people aiming to work in technology with employers using paid apprenticeships.
- Metropolitan Community College’s professional education and two-year degree programs.
- Missouri Innovation Campus—A school district to university collaboration accelerating degree attainment and skill development.
- Northland CAPS – Center for Advanced Professional Studies immersing students in professional environments with curriculum developed by industry professional.
- PREP-KC – Creates career pathways from high school into high-demand, high-paying fields.
- Turn The Page KC – Mobilizing the community to achieve reading proficiency at grade level or above for all Kansas City, Missouri, third graders.
- Workforce Programs – Missouri Customized Training and New Jobs Training programs.