Submission Deadline: February 5, 2019.
It’s been another amazing year of progress in KCMO. In fact, with the huge leaps we’ve made, we can feel the momentum.
At the EDC, we know that economic prosperity in our city is the result of combining big vision with hard work. As you consider your nominations for recognition, lean in to the idea of creating momentum.
Nominees must be located in Kansas City, Missouri, and may include projects, businesses, programs, initiatives or events. The nominee must align with the mission of the Economic Development Corporation: “To drive economic development and create an environment in which businesses and residents prosper in Kansas City, Missouri.”
All projects, events, and initiatives nominated must have been substantially completed in 2018.
Award Finalists will be selected and announced in February 2019. Ten award winners representative of the geographic diversity of our city will then be selected from among the finalists based on those that demonstrate the highest and best impact in improving economic development and growth in Kansas City, MO. The ten winners will be announced in April 2019.
Nominees must meet two or more of the following criteria:
- Added jobs to Kansas City, Missouri, economy
- Boosts integration of the Kansas City, Missouri, economy into the global economy
- Created significant capital investment in Kansas City, Missouri
- Displays pioneering/trailblazing activity
- Encourages public/private partnerships and other creative financing structures
- Enhances entrepreneurial business and job growth
- Exhibits sustainable and green development and smart growth
- Improves neighborhoods and/or business districts, especially in distressed areas of Kansas City, Missouri
- Increases tourism, arts or entertainment development
- Nurtures human capital through improved workforce skills, training, and educational opportunities
- Provides rehabilitation and adaptive reuse of existing buildings, especially historic properties
Award winners will be formally recognized at the EDC Cornerstone Awards Reception to be held in May 2019. Location and time coming soon.
If you have any issues uploading your nomination or have additional questions, please call or email Jill Quinn at (816) 691-2120 / JQuinn@edckc.com.