The EDCKC International Business Development team is experienced in working with international companies to navigate through various international resources available to businesses headquartered outside of the United States.
International Resources include:
- EDC Loan Corporation
- The EDC Loan Corporation provides financing assistance for small businesses making fixed asset investments, such as 504 loans processed by partnerships between SBA and Certified Development Companies (CDCs). SBA designates a CDC’s area of operation and monitors performance.
- SBA CAPlines Program
- The SBA CAPlines Program provides leaders with a 75 percent guarantee on assets-based working capital loans up to $5 million with a maximum 10-year term.
- U.S. Commercial Service – Trade Counseling
- The U.S. Commercial Service Trade Counseling, part of the U.S. Department of Commerce’s International Trade Administration, is comprised of trade professionals from more than 100 U.S. cities and 75 countries help U.S. companies get started in exporting or increase sales to new global markets.
- U.S. Department of Commerce
- As part of the Obama administration’s economic team, the Secretary of Commerce serves as the voice of U.S. business within the President’s Cabinet. The Department works with businesses, universities, communities and the Nation’s workers to promote job creation, economic growth, sustainable development and improved standards of living for Americans.
- Emerging Markets Program (EMP)
- The Emerging Markets Program provides funding for technical assistance activities to promote exports of U.S. agricultural commodities and products to emerging overseas markets.
- Export-Import Bank of the United States
- The Export-Import Bank of the United States is an independent federal agency that fills gaps in private export finance in order to bolster U.S. job growth at no cost to American taxpayers.
- G-MAP Global Market Access Program
- The G-MAP Global Market Access Program is a cost-sharing program aimed to help Missouri small businesses participate in international trade shows, missions, and events.
- World Trade Center Kansas City
- The World Trade Center Kansas City serves domestic and international companies within the Kansas City region. They offer tools can help identify new markets, potential distributors and partners to facilitate business growth.
- SBA Export Working Capital Program
- The SBA Export Working Capital Program provides advances up to $5 million to fund export transaction from purchase order to collections.
- Foreign Trade Zones
- Foreign Trade Zones are areas within the United States outside of U.S. Customs territory for purposes of collection of duties and fees.
- Quality Samples Program (QSP)
- The Quality Samples Program helps U.S. agricultural trade organizations provide small samples of their products to potential importers in emerging markets overseas.
- U.S. International Trade Commission
- The U.S. International Trade Commission is an independent, quasi-judicial Federal agency with broad investigative responsibilities on matters of trade. The agency investigates the effects of dumped and subsidized imports on domestic industries and conducts global safeguard investigations
Visit here for more information on other available business resources.